M96 million to be sunk in second phase of Setsoto facelift

0

MASERU — Up to M96 million will be spent on the second phase of the renovations at Setsoto Stadium.

The stadium was closed for a facelift in April last year after a FIFA delegation said the country’s only stadium did not meet international standards.

FIFA wanted the stadium to have proper fitting rooms, lights and media facilities on top of the installation of an artificial turf which the world football body bankrolled.

The renovations started with the north and south sides of the stadium which were expected to be complete by April this year.

The second phase of the renovations is expected to commence next month after the completion of the ongoing construction.

The second phase will entail the installation of seats on the east and west wings, two big screens, a public address system and a scoreboard, among other things.

Sports ministry principal secretary Makalo Theko told the Lesotho Times last week that the second phase of the facelift is expected to cost about M96 million.

“Our budget for the phase two renovations is about M96 million,” Theko said.

“We have planned that construction of phase two will begin in July.

“It is estimated that it will be finished at around February next year.”

Theko, however, said they have not yet identified a contractor for the second phase of the renovations.

“The evaluation of bidders is still going on, meaning we have not yet appointed a contractor,” he said.

There are at least five bidders interested in the job, two of which are locals.

Share.

About Author

Lesotho’s widely read newspaper, published every Thursday and distributed throughout the country and in some parts of South Africa.

Contact us today: News: editor@lestimes.co.ls Advertising: marketing@lestimes.co.ls Telephone: +266 2231 5356

Comments are closed.