Nteso appointed Linare CEO

0

MASERU — Vodacom Premier League club Linare have appointed Tšepo Nteso as chief executive officer (CEO).
Linare general secretary Thato Molapo confirmed the development on Monday, adding that Nteso’s appointment would be on a part-time basis.
“Right now what is happening is that we are in a transition period, from the old to the new. We have hired Ntate Tšepo Nteso and he is helping the current Linare executive,” Molapo told the Lesotho Times.
Having a CEO is one of the demands of the Lesotho Football Association’s (Lefa) club licensing system which is being rolled out for the 2011/12 league season.
Molapo said they decided to hire Nteso on a part-time basis because they did not have enough financial resources to pay him.
In addition, the team also did not have an office for him to operate from.
But Linare expect that by June next year they would be in a better financial position to engage Nteso on a full-time basis.
He said Nteso ticked all the right boxes and would now be tasked with setting up an office for the Hlotse giants.
“He is highly innovative and we believe he can drive us to our aims, one of which is to set-up an office,” Molapo said.
“He has been in the structures of the club and knows the club well. He previously spent a three-year term as the public relations officer of the team.
“His other achievements include being elected to the marketing sub-committee of Lefa,” Molapo said.
Linare finished fourth on the Vodacom Premier League log last season and will therefore take part in the Independence Cup in October.
Nteso will also be charged with improving communication between Linare’s board and supporters which let the team down last season.
Molapo added he hoped Nteso’s arrival would result in the swift issuance of their Lefa license.
Currently only Bantu have received this license.
“We are hoping that by next week we will receive the operating license,” Molapo said.
Linare, without a league title win since 1980, are also celebrating their 80th anniversary this year.
This amongst other things will be discussed at the club’s AGM on July 24.
“This is our 80th anniversary and our plan is to hold an anniversary celebration. Our original plan was to have it in October but it could take place in December,” Molapo said.
Meanwhile, Molapo issued a hands-off warning on playmaker Mabuti Potloane who is being courted by several clubs in the transfer window.
“As far as I know he is not going anywhere,” he said.
“The only player that we know we are losing is striker Tšiu Moorosi who is going back to school in the United States.”

Share.

About Author

Lesotho’s widely read newspaper, published every Thursday and distributed throughout the country and in some parts of South Africa.

Contact us today: News: editor@lestimes.co.ls Advertising: marketing@lestimes.co.ls Telephone: +266 2231 5356

Comments are closed.